Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions...

Ok, I know I have only been engaged for 3 weeks now and that being a little over a year away from the wedding, I don't have to be making any big decisions right away. However, I can't even make little ones right now; and I am getting discouraged. We know for a fact that the wedding will be in November of next year. I was thinking of using browns and champagnes for our colors, but the more I look at wedding things, the more I am drawn to deep reds and oranges. Which yes, I could use all those colors, being it is a fall wedding and those are in fact fall colors...but I just get confused.

Then there is the tinsy winsy little part of where to have the wedding and reception. I have exactly what I want pictured in my mind, but I can't find it ANYWHERE! Very disheartening. I even got so over it yesterday that I started to look at wedding planners....like I can afford one.

Oh well..like I said, I know we are only 3 weeks in and 1 year out...but when we work crazy hours and sometimes never even see each other during the week, I feel like more should be getting done when we do see each other. Ugh....no I've stressed myself again. I need to lay down.

3 comments:

SarahKL said...

Don't be discouraged!!!! Okay, one thing that hit me is that Hunter (Jason's bro) and Elizabeth are getting married next weekend and her colors are browns and champagnes so I will take pictures and show you so you can see! :)

I think those are really classic and exactly what I would picture for you for a November wedding. HOWEVER you could totally do those colors as your main "fabric color" choices and then do deep colored flowers as punches of color.

Deeeeep cleansing breath - YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!! :)

Sarah said...

Don't worry, Brianne! Everything will come together!

I love your color ideas! If I had had a fall wedding I would have picked brown, orange, eggplant, light green, and champagne. I saw a bouquet with those colors in it and it looked fabulous!

If you need any contacts or ideas, I still have all the stuff from my wedding. OH, and The Mill is a great reception location!! :)

Good luck!!

with love, Emily said...

Bri, I know it all seems very overwhelming, but a simple thing that I found helpful was a wedding planning book. I don't remember which one my mom and I had, but it had a lot of the little things that we wouldn't have thought about.

Good luck! A year will fly by! Take it all in! Love you!