Monday, December 27, 2010

A Very Merry Christmas

This Christmas was a little different than other years. Usually we load up the car and head up Signal Mountain to my parents' house for Christmas festivities. However, this year, Josh and I had to work on Christmas Eve AND his parents came in town to celebrate Christmas with us. So, this year Josh and I hosted Christmas at our house. Around 11 A.M. my parents arrived and we started the day with my mom's wonderful egg casserole. Then it was time for presents. Everyone really loved their presents, I got a beautiful necklace and bracelet from Josh, he got some games for the PS3 and some tools, Mom got a really pretty jewelry set from Dad; who got a TomTom from Mom, and Josh's parents got some books and a really pretty handmade Humming Bird feeder. By the time we finally got done with the presents, Santa was very good to us all this year, it was time to bring out the snackies and start working on Christmas Dinner.

While my mom, Josh's mom, and myself were busy preparing dinner in the kitchen, the boys stayed in the living room playing the Wii. For dinner we had ham, Parmesan potatoes, homemade mac and cheese, green bean casserole, holiday veggies, and the famous Landis family rolls. There was sooo much food and we are still trying to finish it all. After dinner we all relaxed on the couch and swapped Christmas traditions and favorite stories about Christmas' past. Then once we weren't so full from dinner it was time for some dessert ( shoo-fly pie and a cinnamon swirl cake with homemade butter cream icing; thanks Mom.)

We spent the rest of the night playing the game Apples to Apples, which Josh and I got from Santa. It was so wonderful to be able to spend this special holiday with both of our parents. I was really nervous about cooking such a large meal and then I was even more nervous because my parents almost couldn't make it because of the snow. And luckily they stayed the night on Christmas because of the weather. Don't need any accidents on Christmas. Everything turned out beautiful and we all truly enjoyed each other's company and being able to make precious memories. I can't wait to be able to have that quality time with everyone again. But, enough talk, here are a few of my favorite pics from the day.
All the pretty snow we woke up to.
Lola and Kitty's stockings hung up, ready for Santa.
Yay for presents!
Lola in her Christmas PJ's all snuggled up with Papaw (a.k.a. my dad)
Josh was really excited about his presents.
The dinner table all set.
The wonderful desserts that my mom brought to share.
My favorite part. As much fun as it is to get presents, it's good to remember the reason why we celebrate this wonderful holiday. It's a time to step back and think more of others than ourselves and be thankful and happy with what we have, and that's family and friends. None of this would be possible if this one small child had never been born. Everybody and everything makes an impact on the world, Merry Christmas and have a very, very, happy and blessed 2011.

1 comment:

rikki said...

i'm so glad you finally updated your blog! and look at you, you little suzy homemaker, having the whole family at your place. i'm glad your christmas was awesome! i miss you, let's play soon. yes?