Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I'm Back!

Yes, my friends, I have returned. I know I've been really bad at updating you all, but last month was super crazy and went by way, way too quickly. Between work, sleep, play, and wedding organizing; there wasn't much time blogging. I promise, things will be different from now on!

I really wish I could catch up all up on the happenings of our crazy life, but it's all happened so fast, it is just one big blur for me. I know we hung out with friends a lot, stayed at home and cooked a lot, worked a lot, and I wish I could say we slept a lot; but that's not the case.

Wedding stuff is coming along. We only have 136 more days!! I can't believe it's less than 5 months away. It still feels like we just got engaged! Here's what we got done in the past month (or since my last post):

-We booked our photographer, and set up our engagement session (July 6)
-We started brainstorming with florist
-We booked our honeymoon (Whoo hoo for Jamaica!)
-Mom and I started making the invitations
-Mom and I got all but 3 centerpieces figured out (planning for if every single person comes)
-Picked out envelopes for invitations
-Scheduled our first counseling session with the minister
-BOUGHT OUR RINGS (they make me smile really big)
-Bridal party has been notified
-Dress alteration appointment has been made
-We possibly have someone to do our cakes, still waiting to hear from him
-We have picked out favor boxes
-Bought hopefully all the paper and ribbon I could possibly need

Holy man that's a lot of stuff done! I think that's all of it. Every once and awhile I wonder if DIY was the way to go. It's so hard finding time to get things done, that sometimes I think I should have hired people. But then I realize: 1. that would be way more expensive 2. that's why family and friends "volunteer" (haha) and 3. I really enjoy DIY crafts and such!

Alright, I guess I better get back to work. I promise to keep you guys better updated. You may even get a couple sneak peek pictures, only if you're good though!

1 comment:

with love, Emily said...

Yay, friend! So glad for the update! Sounds like May and June have been super busy for y'all! That is so exciting that the wedding is 136 days away! Not so long now! I can't remember when the exact day is... I guess I could do the math, but I'm thinking I'll just text you instead! I need to get it on my calendar! Love you!