Monday, November 14, 2011

Miss to Mrs

Wow! What a crazy few weeks since my last post. With work and last minute wedding details, there was no time for putting up new posts. But now, it's all over and there is plenty of time to update all of you one what's been going on! So...without further delay...let's start.
In the beginning of October, my matron of honor, Amy, hosted another bridal shower for me. My mom and I headed out to Amy's house in Ooltewah on October 9 to be greeted by the smiling faces of Amy, Amy's mom Vicki, Rikki, Ashley, Sarah, and baby Jackson. It was really nice to spend the afternoon eating wonderful food and being able to relax and catch up with the girls before the wedding.
Then just a few short weeks later, before I even knew it, it was time for Halloween. At the Big Chill we decorate for Halloween so ahead of time, I had no idea how quickly it had approached. So the week of, I frantically start searching for costumes for both Josh and I. Luckily in my first trip out I was able to find these:
Josh was a zombie version of a Western saloon keeper and I was Robin Hood (girly version of course). Halloween is always a blast at work. We always throw a huge party and have a costume contest...tons of food...tons of drinks flowing..and tons of people. Even over at Sing it or Wing it Josh had to play up to his part and entertain all night long during the Scarioke karaoke contest. Sunday after Halloween we were beat, but with the wedding quickly approaching, there was absolutely no time to rest.
Before I knew it, Tuesday night arrived and it was my last night at work before vacation. On Wednesday I spent the day running a few errands with my mom and got back just in time to get ready to go out with the girls. We started with dinner and presents at The Terminal. From there we migrated to the Chill to start our night. A little dancing at Southern Comfort, a little more dancing at Alan Gold's and lots of drinks in between led to one wonderful (and very drunken) bachelorette party.
Thursday was kinda a blur with last minute details getting taken care of, but on Friday I spent the day being pampered with a massage that Lindsy set up for me, a mani/ pedi and one last run through for my hair. Then it was off to the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. Luckily after dinner we got to go decorate the reception space, then it was off to bed for the big day.
Now, when I said that Thursday was a blur...it compares nothing to the blur of a day Saturday was. I woke up for breakfast and then next thing I know it was time to get to the church and start having my hair and make-up done. Then I blink..and I'm walking down the aisle trying to hold back my tears of excitement and joy. The rest of the day was full of celebration. It was the best day ever. Beautiful weather...the love and joy of friends and family...and Josh by my side. Nothing will ever compare and every second of that day will be cherished for years to come.
P.S. If anyone has their own pictures of anything that happened that was wedding oriented...please email them to me. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

No comments: