Thursday, November 24, 2011

Gobble Gobble

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
I hope everyone has enjoyed their Thanksgiving. I know we here at the O'Dell household have. Last Wednesday we celebrated a little early by cooking a turkey just for Josh and myself. It was a huge feast, but it was definitely enough for us. I made a 4 pound turkey, mashed potatoes, candied carrots, and gravy. We almost had it all eaten up that night, but luckily we were able to contain our hunger and save just enough turkey for some hot turkey sandwiches the next day.
Then yesterday, we headed to Helen, GA to visit with Josh's parents. This has become our Thanksgiving tradition and we look forward to it every year. Josh's mom makes a huge spread of food for the 4 of us, and the bonus?? We get to bring home a huge doggie bag of leftovers! How could anyone not be excited about that?!? This year she made a 28 pound turkey (toooons of left overs :] ), mashed potatoes, stuffing, corn, carrots and broccoli, rolls, homemade apple sauce, and gravy. For dessert we had dutch apple pie and a pumpkin crumble pie. We ate to our heart's content.
This afternoon we drove back home and have been relaxing with the sounds of football through our house. (Both tv's of course had to be turned on to the game; in case either one of us missed something!) We don't have much planned for this evening, it's just nice to be able to relax at home with each other. That's of course my favorite part.
I never took part in the whole "what I'm thankful thing" throughout the month, so now I would like to say a few things that I am, truly, thankful for.
1. God. He has given me the most amazing life and I am forever in debt to him for his love, strength, and salvation. Because of him, I am here.
2. My Husband. It is amazing to be able to say this. Josh is my best friend, my rock, and my love. He is beyond good to me. I completely adore him and could never imagine what my life would be like without him. I love him for his humor, for his sensitivity, and for his flaws. We have ups and we have downs, but each day we become stronger and stronger. I can't wait to see what this life brings us.
3. My family. They have always been by my side. I am grateful for the family that raised me, and the family that I have married into. They are the best. No matter what, I know they will be there for us; to guide, support, and cheer for us.
4. My friends. I don't know if you know this or not, but I have the bestest, prettiest friends in the whole world. They are near and far. Some I see almost everyday..others maybe once a year. Either way, they are always there for me and have helped me to find who I am and better yet, push me to be who I want to be.
5. My babies, Kitty and Lola. Yes, I am thankful for my pets. They are the sweetest babies ever. They may be annoying (more Lola than Kitty) and may pick on each other. But the best part about coming home after work is being able to snuggle up with them on the couch or bed (and Josh of course). They know when we don't feel well or have had a bad day. And while they can't speak to us at all...they say everything we need to hear.
6. My Job. I am blessed to have a job. It may not be the hours that I really care to have, or dealing with the situations I have care to. However, in this day I am truly blessed to be able to go to work and provide for my family. I have one of the best bosses I could ever imagine. She strives to make herself better, her establishment better, and more importantly, us (her employees) better. She truly cares about us, and works very hard to make sure everyone is happy and appreciated.
If I sat and thought about it, my list could honestly go on and on. But at this moment in time, these are the biggies. Thank you to all who read this and take an interest in my little life.
Happy Thanksgiving from the O'Dells!

No comments: