Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Already Makin' Progress

It's only the 4th day of January, and I'm already making some progress! I'm really proud at how productive we have been here at 3910. Granted, we did sleep in a little bit later than I had wanted (3:00 pm...geesh! But in my defense, I did work last night.) We got up and hopped right on to our errands. I went to the bank while Josh showered, then we went to get his hair cut and run by the book store.

Once we got home, I got started on some of my to-do list. Josh played video games, but let's be honest, he has no interest in arts and crafts, and frankly, I have no interest in him having an interest in arts and crafts. It's just better that way. :)






I had started my project the other night, and only needed to a few finishing touches, so it really didn't take too long. I got the idea from Pinterest and thought it would be super helpful around the house. And the best part?? I had all the materials to make it at home. I already had the cluster frame from college and tons of scrapbook paper. The only thing I actually have to buy is a dry erase maker so Josh and I can write down things we need to do or remember. I'm pretty excited about it! And drum roll please.....THE FINISH PRODUCT!












Isn't it adorable?!?





My other accomplishments for the day consisted of packing up the Christmas stuff; which might I add makes my house look ridiculously empty. And you know what that means??? More arts and crafts to revamp my house! YAAAAAY! I also decided to cook tonight for dinner ::enter moment of pause for a gasp of shock::.........




I was really hungry for some pasta and pesto and chicken...and mushrooms. So, I decided to try out a Chicken Pesto Alfredo. I searched on Pinterest for some ideas, but in the end, came up with my own recipe. Which totally counts as a trying one 1 new recipe...right?? I think so. And since it was so super duper yummy (Josh and I each had a bowl full, and seconds. Josh is also still sneaking bites of it "without me knowing"). I shall share this new concoction with you!





CHICKEN PESTO ALFREDO:






Ingredients











1 12 oz. box of pasta (choose your favorite kind)





2 chicken breasts





Sliced mushrooms





Minced garlic





Garlic pepper





Oregano





Pesto





1 15 oz. jar alfredo sauce





Olive oil





Shredded parmesan and Romano cheese






-Cut chicken breasts into 1 inch pieces and cook with olive oil (enough to cover bottom of pan), 2 tsps. minced garlic, garlic pepper, and oregano ( season to your liking with garlic pepper and oregano).









- While pasta is cooking (just follow directions on pasta box), sauttee mushrooms the same way the chicken was cooked.









-Combine mushrooms and chicken. Cover to keep warm.






-In a medium sauce pan, combine alfredo sauce and pesto. Stir until warm. Now, we really like pesto so the more the better for us, but if you are unsure, definitely add a little and keep adding until desired taste is reached.






-Drain pasta and combine with chicken, mushrooms, and sauce.









-Keep on low heat until all the way heated through.






-Top with the shredded cheese.










-ENJOY!!










If my calculations are correct, I believe that makes THREE things off my monthly goals crossed off already! And I still have 27 days left!! ::WOOP WOOP:: Hopefully I can keep it up.











1 comment:

J.E.R. said...

The board is SO cute! Where are you hanging it-the kitchen? The entry way? I'm so happy for you (and secretly jealous because I want to make one for us, haha!)

Also that dinner looks AMAZING!

Very well done-great start to 2012!!