Thursday, December 31, 2009

Santa Claus Came to Town

This is my favorite part of my house. My
nativity scene my grandmother made and
my handmade garland. It's just beautiful.

Christmas this year was a bit different from other years. For one, my family came in for Thanksgiving instead of the usual Christmas visit. Two, Josh and I both work in restaurants so unfortunately for us we had to work on Christmas night. But nonetheless, it was still a very nice Christmas season. The week of Christmas started out with my work Christmas party. We all met up and car pooled out to the owner/ boss' house for lunch and our present exchange. We all brought one present to be exchanged in the dirty Santa game (or Chinese Christmas) and then we all got presents from Scottie (owner, a.k.a. Momma) and Scott (the floor manager) and Curtis (kitchen help/door guy). And boy did we all walk out of there with a loot...I received a very nice dart board for my porch in the present exchange, from Momma I got a new coat and new dishes for my kitchen; and from Scott and Curtis we got handmade water fountains for in our homes (unfortunately for me, I can't figure out how to put it together). After that we all had the night off so we went bar hopping and just had a good ole time with each other. Tons of pictures, tons of laughs, and tons of memories; I couldn't have asked for anything better. The crazy bunch that I spend most of my time with.
Never a dull moment.

My beautiful house all lit up. I'm in love.

Then on Christmas Eve, Josh and I loaded up his car with presents and Lola and headed to my parents house. Since we had to work Christmas day, we decided to have our big dinner on Christmas Eve instead of Day. It was a delicious dinner of champagne basted ham, mashed potatoes, candied carrots, green bean casserole, homemade rolls, and for dessert homemade apple pie. Then we went to the candlelight service at church, headed home and went to bed so Santa could visit. Christmas morning was started off with our annual Christmas breakfast casserole and hashbrown casserole. Then we opened presents and before we knew it, it was time to load up the car again and head home to get ready for work. Even though it was a sorta rushed Christmas I still enjoyed every minute of it!
Christmas morning at my parents'.

No comments: