Monday, January 25, 2010

Birthday Shenanigans

So, as all my avid readers know, Thursday Jan. 21 was my birthday! The big 2-4. I was having a slight issue with turning 24, why I'm not real positive; but as the day approached, I quickly got over it. (I think I was having an issue with it because that means I'm one year away from the 2-5...eek). ANYWAYS...this is how my day was spent:

Since I had to work the night before I decided to sleep in. And when I say sleep in, I really mean it. I don't think I rolled out of bed until 4ish in the afternoon. hehe. Then after a lil snack from McDonald's (my favorite), Josh and I got ready for dinner. We then met up with my parents at the Foundry for a lovely birthday dinner and a birthday cocktail. It was sooo tasty. We started off with martinis and a chips-and-dip appetizer. Then came my pesto chicken panni. To top off the meal was a slice of their flourless chocolate cake. mmm...just thinking about it all makes my mouth water.

After dinner Josh and I headed over to The Big Chill (yes, I realize it's where I work, but I just can't seem to get away from the place...I love it!) to meet up with some friends. That's where the party really started. There was laughter, dancing, and more birthday cocktails. I really have no idea what time it was when we got home, but boy was I tired. It was a good birthday and since my one friend, Kim, was working that night I got to have a repeat on Sunday with her. I definitely celebrated in style with some of the best people and I am so thankful. Thanks to everyone who helped me celebrate! I love you all!!

**Sorry I have no pictures of either nights, I am a dumby and left my camera sitting on our kitchen counter both times!!!

No comments: