Sunday, February 12, 2012

Project #1 and #2

Friends, I have two projects under my belt!








Project #1.

Remember last month when I decided to make these cash envelopes from etsy?? Well, they are done!


With the use of my brand new sewing machine, these bad boys were a piece o' cake to make. And here's how I did it:



First, go to a local craft shop and pick out any fabric you like. I went to Jo Anne Fabric and found these 5 fun designs and not only are the super colorful; they were super cheap..I picked from their scrap fabrics. Doing it this way is easiest, because it's just the right amount of fabric.



Now, once you get home, your gonna wanna iron your fabric to get all the wrinkles out and it makes the fabric much easier to work with it.


After the fabric is all wrinkle free, fold it so that the brightest side is on the inside; that way your seams will be on the inside of the envelope. At this point, I cut the fabric down to an 11 inch piece and began pinning three of the edges to sew up

.

When I started sewing I used the 1/2 inch guide on the sewing machine and then cut the excess fabric and turned it inside-out.




We're almost done! Next I measured the pouch again and made it 9 inches long. With the top of the pouch still open, mark off were 8 inches would be and fold down the top in order to sew it up.



After you have that sewn, using the 3/8" guide on the machine, fold in have "hot dog" sytle and sew up the two sides so that the top is open.







And there. You're done and have a colorful, organized way to manage your money!




Project #2

I got our family binder done. Well, done for now. Since this will be a tool I plan on using a great deal throughout the years, it will be something that is always changing as our lives and needs change. But for the time being, I think I have everything I need to start organizing the O'Dell household.



It was super easy to put together, and luckily I had all the supplies at home. I used the binder I had used to organize the wedding plans and scrap pieces of paper from the craft box. Other than that, it was just printing off sheets and fillling in information. Easy, but time consuming. I got a lot of my resources from a link off of this website, along with custom made some sheets, as well as modify templates to meet our needs.

So that's what I've been up to. Hopefully I can get a few more things done before the end of the month creeps up on me. Hope everyone else is getting some stuff marked of their lists!

No comments: