Sunday, February 26, 2012

Mid-month Review

Well, the month is almost over, dear friends. I debated on just waiting to update at the end of the month to go through everything we have been up to, but I just can't wait! (Plus there is just too much for one single post!) So here's a quick recap of our past couple of weeks, before I get to the recap of the month.


First, Valentine's Day. In previous years, Josh and I have never really done anything for Valentine's. But, this being our first year married, I was actually looking forward to doing something; especially since I was actually off from work for it. However, Josh ended up having to work AND he got so busy he had to call me into to help him! There I was, one minute sitting on my couch, then next driving down to Sing It or Wing It to work. BAH! But at least it was with Josh, and he took me for a late (very late...like 1 AM late) dinner and some drinks. That's our life, but at least I've got Josh.













Our trip to Nashville was last weekend. Josh and I took Friday and Saturday off to go visit with Chris and Kittie. Friday night we went to Marathon Music Works for an O.A.R. concert. We had a blast singing along and dancing the night away...and we even ran into our friends from work; Angie, Lisa, and Josh (known as "G") at the Beer Sellar before their Moe concert. Unfortunately, I did not get a group picture at the bar..but here are a couple of the four of us at O.A.R.













Yay, O.A.R.!! (Fourth time seeing them!)



Saturday morning we slept in for awhile, and then got up to Chris making a huge made from scratch breakfast of biscuits and gravy, southwestern scrambled eggs, and bacon. The rest of the day was spent laying on the couch watching movies; followed up by a steak dinner grilled by master chef Chris. Granted we didn't really do that much in our visit, it was really great to spend some time with friends and family. Even if it was only 2 days, they were 2 days of much need fun and relaxation.


I've also been pretty busy at home makin' my way through February's goals. I have two new pillows finished for our living room. SO EASY TO MAKE! Seriously. Take two pieces of fabric, sew up three sides...leave a hole big enough to use to stuff the pillow on the fourth side..stuff pillow..sew up hole. The end. I need to make 2 more like these, and then I have this fabric to make a few small rectangle ones. And done. I'll show pictures when they are all done, so stay tuned!


On Wednesday I made an outstanding dinner. But, there's too little space left in this post, and too little time (Gots ta work my friends). I will be letting you know all the specifics of dinner. But for know, I'll leave you with a hint to part of dinner.



1 comment:

SarahKL said...

Yay!! Great job on gettin' stuff done! Did I miss that you got a haircut?? So cute!!

I LOVED getting to meet Kittie during all your wedding festivities. She is GREAT! :)

Glad you guys had a fun February!