Tuesday, May 1, 2012

What We've Been Up To

A couple of weeks ago we had our friends, Katie and Dave over for a cook-out. We made hamburgers and hot dogs and just sat around talked and relaxed. Actually, we sat around and watched the dogs play. Katie just recently got a pug puppy. Charlie came over and met Lola for the first time. We were a little nervous about it, since Charlie is about 10 weeks old, but they got along so well and just played and played and played. Lola was soooo good with little Charlie and even taught him how to jump from the back door step onto the porch. She also tried teaching him how to go down the steps into the yard, but he wasn't quite ready for that quest. It was adorable. I had taken about 20 minutes of video on my phone, but unfortunately my phone likes to make videos and pictures disappear. Maybe one day it will show back up and I will be able to share it, but for now here's a picture of the first meeting and another of Charlie hanging out under my dress, which he loooved to do. At one point I actually had both dogs playing tag around my feet, just so they could be around the dress. Ridiculous.


Last week, after working 6 days in a row, Josh and I went to Helen, Georgia to visit his parents. It was so nice to be able to spend a few days with them, and as an added bonus, Josh's grandfather and his wife were in town too! Josh hadn't seen him in a few years, and I had never met him. He was unable to make it to the wedding due to health issues, so it was really nice to sit and talk with him and show them all our pictures from the wedding. The reason we were all there was because Josh's dad was raised to third degree within his Masonic lodge. I really couldn't tell you exactly what that means, but I do know he is now allowed to wear Masonic jewelry and display the symbol openly in public. It was really special because Grandpa is a 32nd degree Mason, and was able to be a part of the rituals with Jerry. Jerry was also given Grandpa's first Masonic ring and Bible. Something truly meaningful to both of them.We are so proud of Jerry's accomplishments and dedication to the Masons.

Here's a couple pictures of us before we had to head back home.

Me, Josh, Grandpa, and BJ


Josh, Jerry, and Grandpa


So, that about sums it up. Other than that we've just been working, of course. That's all we do. And it's lame. ha. But stay tuned, we've got some changes going on around here and it's going to be very exciting. Hopefully I'll be able to fill all of you in soon. I know you'll anxiously be waiting. Right?





 

No comments: