Monday, April 16, 2012

Apple Cinnamon Pork

For Friday night's meal, I threw the apple cinnamon pork into the crock pot. I know I had planned on the three pepper pasta sauce, but Josh decided to have pork. Which is the great thing about having ready made meals in the freezer. They are interchangeable! Now, the beef stroganaff was easy, but this, this recipe is a breeze! It only require a few ingredients and honestly, a kid could put this one together.


Apple Cinnamon Pork:

6 boneless pork loin chops
4 medium Golden Delicious apples, sliced
3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt

Place pork in crock pot. Cover with apples.
Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl. Sprinkle over apples. Cover and cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours.

DONE.

Now, this was not an instant favorite at our house. Josh let it cook for the whole 8 hours on low. The pork got a little dry and the apples were mushy and the apple skins were really chewy. The flavor was great though. So, I'm going to try it one more time. Next time it will only go for 6 hours and I'm going to dice the apples rather than slice them. That way there won't be any skin, and maybe they will produce a little more juice for the pork to roast in. If we still aren't thrilled about it, no big deal. At least we tried.

Maybe you guys out there have other suggestions?? I'd love to hear them.

 

1 comment:

J.E.R. said...

Yeah I think cutting the time and dicing the apples may help. Also you may add a 1/2 cup of applesauce to help with the "soaking" of the pork? I don't know-just a thought.

Also, check out this blog. I made this recipe and it turned out really yummy and was cheap and easy!

http://adayinthelifeofagirlwhosjustme.blogspot.com/2011/06/hamburger-pie.html