Thursday, April 12, 2012

Mighty Mouse

This was written last night. For some reason, it did not post til today when I realized it had not posted. Enjoy! 

That's my nickname tonight. Yes, I realize Mighty Mouse is a boy...but to be honest, I like him a lot better than Wonder Woman. Every woman considers themselves Wonder Woman from time to time, why not Mighty Mouse? I digress.

After sleeping in most of the day (it's okay if i worked last night, right? Right.), Josh and I got up and got some errands done. Well, one errand done, since the bank was already closed when we got movin'. (Yes, early evening. bah.) Our cupboards were bare and for the remainder of this week, and all of next week, Josh will be staying home for reasons I'd rather not get into. I had the brilliant plan to have meals fixed for him, so he would not have to worry about what he was going to do for dinner. Especially since I would have the car, and he would have no money. So off to the grocery store we went, (first we stopped for a bite to eat, you can't ever go to the store on an empty stomach. I take that back, you can, it's just very costly.)

We got home, I got to work on dinners, and Josh fixed the clogged sink.

After two trips to the store and a few hours spent in the kitchen, I not only had a working sink, but also 4 meals  in the freezer, dinner in the oven for tonight, dinner planned for tomorrow (to be made BEFORE I go to work), and other frozen meats put away so that Josh and grill anytime.

I am Mighty Mouse.

Here's what's on the menu:

TONIGHT:
baked ham
pasta salad
California mixed veggies in butter sauce with salt and pepper
Rolls

Now I'm not going to lie. The ham was pre-cooked and only had to go in the oven for about 30 minutes. The pasta salad came from a box, and the veggie were frozen. A pretty easy meal? Sure. But that gave me lots of time to put the others together.

THURSDAY:
beef stroganoff served over bowtie noodles

FRIDAY:
spaghetti with home made three pepper tomato sauce

SATURDAY:
shrimp jambalaya served over white rice

SUNDAY:
cinnamon apple pork chops

MONDAY:
cook out/ go out (I will also be off on this day)

TUESDAY:
chicken teriyaki served over white rice

Impressive, yes? I thought so. Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Tuesday's meals are all in freezer bags, sitting in the freezer waiting to be cooked. All we have to do is throw the contents into the crock pot in the morning, set it to low, and 8 hours later, Josh will have a nice, hot dinner ready. I'm stoked.

I'll do daily posts of each meal and the recipes, just in case you out there would like to try them out, too!

Again, I am Mighty Mouse. ha!







No comments: