Friday, April 13, 2012

Beef Stroganoff


I realize this is not a good picture at all. While getting dinner ready, I was also getting ready for work, and totally forgot to take a picture of it in the pan. Sowwy. 

Beef Stroganoff. One of my favorite meals growing up. This was the very first time I made it, and it was soooooo good. So good in fact, that when I got home from work, there were no left overs. Good thing I took some for my dinner, huh? 

This meal takes about  at most 45 minutes total to make and all you need to go with it is your favorite type of noodles. Easy. 

Here's what you need:

Stewing beef or a good roast, cut into small cubes
1 onion, chopped
1 can of beef stock (14 oz)
Sliced mushrooms
Sour Cream ( 16 oz.)
Salt
Pepper
Flour
Olive Oil ( 2 tablespoons)

If beef is not already in small cubes, cut into cubes.(The kind I got was already cut, but there some REALLY big pieces, so I just cut those down. 

In a small bowl, mix together a small amount of flour, salt and pepper (to taste). I also used some of McCormick's Chicago Steak seasoning. To get the beef flavor. 

Combine this with the beef cubes, to get them lightly coated.

In a large frying pan, heat Olive oil. Add beef and brown.

When beef is browned, add onions and cook until onions are tender. 

Pour in beef stock, cover and simmer until meat is tender, about 20- 30 minutes.

Add mushrooms and continue simmering.

In the meantime, start your noodles and get them cooked. 

Last, add your sour cream, stirring constantly. Start with half the container, about 8 oz. If it does not thicken, take some of the sauce and put it in a side bowl to cool down. Add a little more flour and some sour cream. Pour back into the frying pan and continue to stir.

Put beef mixture over noodles, and serve.

Enjoy! 


This was a big hit in my house and really easy to put together. I can't wait to make it again! 





No comments: