Thursday, June 7, 2012

I Really Do Cook!

That's right...you saw correctly. I really do cook. I know some of you (mostly my family) find this hard to believe since I'm very rarely home. Well, it is true. And I have proof. Not only do I have pictures of the food, a dinner menu and all of  most of a grocery list pulled together for next week, but I have one very happy, belly filled husband.

So see, it is true. I can be domestic. It just takes a lil pushing. And boy have we had some life altering events in the past couple of weeks. Some of you already know a good amount of the details, and some of you don't. But for now, I will just stick to one part of it, Josh lost his job. We are coping with it and really looking at it as a blessing rather anything else. Josh has not been happy where he worked for quite sometime, and has for the past month or so been putting his resume out there, going on job interviews, etc.  Unfortunately, we would have rather him be leaving the bar life on his terms rather than the way it  happened. But, it's all okay. It really has made us step back and re-evaluate our situation. We have decided to stop going out so much and spend more time at home with each other, friends, and family.

Which has lead me to being domestic. Sunday afternoon I went to the grocery store to pick up some a lot of groceries. But hey, our house was BARE. Not even a mouse could find a crumb, so really, it had to be done. Plus, it will make it easier every time I go back, right? Right...I knew you would agree. Anyways, I'm just babbling now. I'm sure you are dying to know what's been for dinner. So here ya go:

  • SUNDAY:
                    entree- grilled steaks
                    sides- mashed potatoes 
                              broccoli with cheese
                       **Sorry, no picture**
  • MONDAY:
                     entree- grilled bbq chicken
                     sides- potato salad
                              corn on the cob 
                              asparagus salad

  • TUESDAY
                     entree- nachos/tacos

  • WEDNESDAY
                      entree- spaghetti and meatballs
                      sides- salad
                               garlic bread

  • THURSDAY
                      entree- chicken stir fry


  • FRIDAY
                      entree- sloppy joes
                      sides- french fries/ tater tots
                  **Sorry, no picture...Josh was in charge of the picture, 
                      and I swear he thinks I'm silly for photographing every meal. Maybe I am?**
  • SATURDAY
                       left overs! 


So far everything has been super tasty, and we have really been enjoying cooking at home. And for some good news, if all paperwork goes through, Josh will start training at Convergys Monday afternoon. It only starts out as part time, but he can still get benefits, and a little money is better than no money. He is excited to start something new, and after a few months he could possible be up for full-time status, as well as a set schedule. And who knows, this could open doors for other opportunities. And even though he will be training at nights, I still have meals planned out for him to have when he gets home. Which I will post later.

 There are still a few other things going on in our life that I'm still not putting public, but thoughts and prayers would be appreciated. All will become known in due time. But we are okay, and trying to stay positive. Finding out it's the little things that count the most, sometimes it's the hard lessons that make it all clear. And because of it, we will be stronger.

No comments: