Monday, March 5, 2012

February Recap

Boy, oh boy. February might be the shortest month of the year, but we sure did get a lot done around the O'Dell household. It was definitely a fun filled, productive whorl-wind of a month. So let's get to it!

HOME
-Finish cash envelopes DONE! These I finished early in the month, and even did a post on how to make them! 
-Finish family binder DONE! Check out the post about our binder, and cash envelopes here!
-Put together living room pillows DONE! Aren't they pretty?!?! We love, love love them. As do Lola and Kitty. I think they use them more than Josh and myself. 
-Find fabric to reupholster dining room chairs DONE! Fabric is picked out..however I will not reveal it until the chairs are all done. I like to leave people in suspense!  I will however show you all the contenders, can you guess which one we picked???


-Make something new for kitchen shelf DONE! I never posted about this, but here it is! 
-Organize kitchen FAIL! Again, it didn't get done..buuut this time it was because I was waiting on a couple pieces of furniture from my parents. Our kitchen is very tiny and we don't have a lot of storage space. We have been keeping our wedding gifts in the spare bedroom since there was no where else for them. Plus, I had been working most Sundays, the only day my parents could bring the furniture, so it just has not worked out. Until yesterday. Later on that though! 


COOKING:
-1 new recipe DONE!
-1 family favorite DONE!
-1 new dessert DONE!


All done in one night! In case you forgot, here's what I made!

ME:
-Read 2 books FAIL!
-Eat 1 piece of fruit a day FAIL! Got the fruit, put the fruit in the fridge. Never looked at the fruit again. Well, except to throw it away. 
-Drink 4 glasses of water DONE! 

FUN:
-10 pictures for the month Sorta kinda done. Maybe. I dunno. I'm really trying to be good at taking pictures so we can document our year...but I always seem to forget. 
-Trip to Nashville DONE! And we had a blast! Check out the story!

MONEY:
-Save a least 25% of weekly earnings DONE! I always keep track of what I make each night at work, so at the end of the week I just figure up the 25% and BAM! Money saved. 
-Pay off one credit card. DONE! And because of that money saved I was able to pay off one of our credit cards! As well as already pay one off for March! So excited!!!


With so much that got done in February, I'm not really sure what I want to do  in March. But since the month is already 5 days in, I suppose I better figure it out real soon, huh???






1 comment:

J.E.R. said...

WOOOO!!!Job well done lady! Keep it up! And the pillows are SO cute! I'm making some for our couch too! Be on the lookout via my blog =]